Announcement Number: Rio de Janeiro-2020-16
Hiring Agency: Consulate Rio de Janeiro
Position Title: Librarian (Cataloging) – All Interested Applicants (Cataloging Librarian)
Open Period:01/19/2021 – 02/04/2021
Vacancy Time Zone:GMT-3
Series/Grade:LE – 5005 8
Work Schedule:Full-time – 40 hours per week
Duty Location(s):2inRio De Janeiro, BR
For More Info: HR Section
+55 21 3823-2608
Hiring Path:• Open to the public
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:• All Interested Applicants / All Sources
For USEFM – FS is 06. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
Security Clearance Required:Public Trust – Background InvestigationAppointment TypePermanentAppointment Type Details:Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period.Marketing Statement:
We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.Summary:
The U.S. Mission in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for 2 (two) positions of Librarian (Cataloging) in Library of Congress.
The work schedule for this position is Full Time (40 hours per week).Supervisory Position:NoRelocation Expenses Reimbursed:NoTravel Required:Not RequiredBack to top
Performs full level descriptive and subject cataloging functions for all types of materials published in Brazil, Guyana, French Guiana, Suriname and Uruguay on all subjects and in the languages spoken in the area, according to the RDA (Resource Description and Access) documentation, Shelf listing Manual, and Library of Congress Rule Interpretations.Back to top
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: Progressively responsible library experience and as a cataloger using the Anglo-American Cataloging Rules or Resource Description and Access documentation is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge of the literature of the countries covered and of the organization and structure of their cultural, governmental and private institutions. Knowledge of online cataloging proceduresEducation Requirements:
- College or university degree in Library Science is required.
LANGUAGE (this may be tested):
- English Fluent in speaking/reading/writing is required.
- Portuguese Fluent in speaking/reading/writing is required.
- Spanish or French Rudimentary in speaking/reading/writing is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES (this may be tested): Skills in Internet searching for cataloging purposes are required. Level II typing skill is required (30-59wpm).
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.Qualifications:
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.Back to top
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.Other Information:
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.Back to top
How to Apply
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Apply to this Vacancy” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
- Please make sure you enter all your work experience and education through the ERA Application. Attached Curriculum files will not be considered.
- For positions that require English Fluency or Good Working Knowledge, applications MUST be submitted in English.
- USEFM Candidates must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position at the time of the announcement closing.
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Copy of Orders (applicants assigned to US Mission) (if applicable)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- University Degree and/or College Diploma
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email/phone call.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office – (21)3823-2608 or email@example.com.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.