Segue apenas para efeito de comparação uma JOB DESCRIPTION para uma vaga de emprego na National American University
The Librarian provides library instruction and services to support the instructional programs and the
university faculty and staff in accordance with the mission, core values, and purposes of the
The Librarian must satisfy the following minimum qualifications:
1. Master’s Degree in Library Science or international; and
2. One year of professional librarian experience or equivalent preferred.
Skills and Attributes
The Librarian must possess the following skills and attributes: ability to handle multiple projects and processes simultaneously; strong attention to detail; excellent verbal, written and interpersonal
communication; student-oriented attitude; integrity; professionalism; strong work ethic; strong
organizational skills; planning ability; and willingness to learn and improve in all aspects of the
The Librarian performs the following essential functions:
1. Acts as a liaison between the System Library Office and the branch faculty, students and
2. Oversees all activities in the library.
3. Promotes student success through information literacy skills instruction and APA support.
4. Develops policies and procedures to improve library operations.
5. Works closely with the System Librarian and other Librarians to integrate, support and actively
participate in system-wide library-related initiatives.
6. Provides instruction in the access, use, and evaluation of library resources for individuals and
7. Provides targeted support of writing-intensive classes including, but not limited to, classroom
presentations, faculty in-services, applicable APA formatting support, library-related tutorial
assistance and other related support.
8. Promotes and provides communication and advocacy of library services via appropriate campus
tools (i.e.: campus orientations, quarterly faculty meetings, honors nights, e-mail, Facebook,
campus newsletters, posters, etc.).
9. Attends and contributes meaningfully to system-wide campus librarian meetings.
5FLIB 2 of 2 Revised 03/08/2015
10. Plans, organizes, coordinates, and measures work and activities of the library.
11. Recommends and selects resources that will improve the collection and function of the library.
12. Withdraws obsolete and unnecessary material in the library.
13. Inventories all resources in the library.
14. Submits reports as needed.
15. Develops and maintains networking resources and relationships for the library.
16. Evaluates resources for addition or deletion and consider impact on operating budget for
branch and the online library.
17. Provides limited assistance and Ask-A-Librarian back-up support, as necessary, to nearby
NAU facilities with no designated campus librarian
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
A minimum of twenty hours per week, plus other hours as may be necessary to complete job duties.
A combination of day, evening, and weekend hours may be required.